Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Fun Series #1 - Frank's Wrench


I thought I'd do a series of blogs about some good "old school" fun. It will take a while 'cause there are alot. I'll do a couple a week. I only hope that the old Rotterdam town cops don't read my blog. None were felonies, well most, so the statute of limitations must have expired.
One summer night in 1966, we were "riding around" when the driver handed me an old fire hydrant wrench as we stopped along side a hydrant on Westside Avenue heading towards Hungry Hill.
What could I do?
We rode around Rotterdam for hours opening every fire hydrant we could find. By morning a few of the storm sewers were blocked and the water was backed up into the streets.
Years later we realized that we did every neighborhood but our two. I guess our officers weren't that bright.

1 comment:

Nick Marino said...

I think Westside Ave. was Rotterdam's first built in pool!

Powered By Blogger