Sunday, April 22, 2007

LIVIING LIKE A WILD THING


These are two of the ladies in my life and two of the reasons I look forward to tomorrow. The big one is my daughter Kate and the little one is our son's daughter, my grand daughter, Belle.
The chicken is not related but he does look like my friend Dave DeLuke; especially when he wears shorts.
Many people have asked me how I live knowing I'm terminal. I've embraced a concept that Lawrence touched on in his poem:
WILD THINGS
I've never seen a wild thing feel sorry for itself.
A small bird will fall frozen dead from a bough
never having felt sorry for itself.
At first blush this appears macabre but after awhile you realize all he is saying is that wild things live in the moment with out bothering with emotions. Emotions are a human attribute.
I try to live in the moment now - enjoying my family, friends and doing what I can. My wife and I still cry but then we stop and enjoy the day.
"the ship's at the dock, my bag's are packed and I ain't coming back, I'm gonna kiss the girls hold em tight, I'm gonna do it wrong till I do it right!" Levon Helm

No comments:

Powered By Blogger